Sunday, November 1, 2009

GIANT CHICKEN RAMPAGE!





Hello All,

Happy After Hallo-weird to ya! Hope everyone is well and not too beer or candy bloated from the weekends holiday festivities. Just a quick post of today's "Twin & Mik Sim Mayhem" on this lovely sunday afternoon.

Those of you that know me well, know that I have recently developed a serious addiction to clicking "Midnight Maddness" boards. I've gotten so bad with them lately that Artfull & Twin, are discussing staging an intervention for me. :S I am constantly annoying them with " Ohh..I'll be right back...gotta go click..TP me back in just a sec.". BRB, BRB, BRB, seems to be my M.O. these days.

For those that don't know what MM boards are, it's a way for shops & sim owners to gain legit traffic numbers. They place an item in the boards to be given away, with a target number - say 100, and if 100 people come and click that board before midnight slt time, then everyone who clicked that board all get the prize that is given away. Fun times. 95% of it is total crap that is given away, but every now & again you get some real gems. Hey, if it's FREE, it's for ME! \o/

Thus, brings us to today's post about "GIANT CHICKEN RAMPAGE". Meet my new favorite friend "Chicken Little". Only Chicken Little...isn't sooo little. He infact is almost taller than the new Southern Cross Club.
Twin has been having problems all morning with his WiFi and has been crashing in and out of SL, so on one of his crashes, I decided that I wanted to rez and take a look at this "giant chicken with super engine" car thingy that I had won on MM. Once I rezzed "CL" I could not see a dang thing, my entire computer screen filled up with this huge chicken ass & feathers, and I had to cam zoom all the way out to even be able to see what was going on. Once, I could distinquish which end was up on this thing, I climbed aboard and sat in the drivers seat.
About this same time, I see Twin log back into SL, and on my scanner he was about 40m ahead of me. Now in the drivers seat, the cam view automatically changed on it's own, into a view from the back of the seat, now I could really see nothing but the brown wood texture of the seat. I 'gently' tapped my up arrow once, to possibly move mr. chicken forward wee bit, and the sucker took off like a bat out of hell. I had no idea what was happening.

All of a sudden, I see the back of Twin's head, and his little arms flailing on my screen, as I must have mowed him over and he was tossed up onto the "beak/hood" of my mobile, while I caught wicked mad air and shot up over the mountains. We kept going, flying through the air, across to the other side of the island & didn't stop until we slammed against the sim border & landed into the water. Poor Twin, I hit him hard from behind & he never even saw it coming, because he was too lagged to tell what was going on. It looked like we were moving in slow motion, nothing but Twin's flapping arms in view, then blue water. And all of this from one small tap of the arrow key.

Needless to say, I laughed so hard I was crying, and Twin still didn't know what happened, as it took him almost 5 minutes to respond to my "Omg Twin, I am soooo sorry" IM, as I left him stranded & drowning underneath the ocean.

Moral of the story: Watch your lagging back on Southern Cross Sim.

Happy New Week & be mindful of your "up arrows"!

-MB

*Pictures are of Me & "Chicken Little" around the island.

You can catch a small glimpse of the new club build.*




















No comments:

Post a Comment