Thursday, December 10, 2009

Southern Cross gets involved to help "Children In Crisis Charity Benefit"

Hello All,

I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart, for answering my call & by donationg your time, creations & energies into helping me plan & execute an awesome charity event for the Children in Crisis Organization & for helping a sweet soul named Moanaiti LittleBoots.

For those that do not know, Moanaiti LittleBoots is the event coordinator & this benefit is to honor his RL Girlfriend - Wollas Beaumont, who passed away a few months ago. The Children In Crisis Organization, was a humanitarian organization that they supported together in real life. The couple went to Africa with the organization to help build a roof on a school house, because in this small village, the children outnumber the adults & the adults that are left, are old & handicapped due to fighting in war, where most of the other adults died. You may find information about the organization here: www.childrenincrisis.org. All of the procceeds made from this event will be donated to the C.I.C.O. in Wollas's name.

Wollas Beaumont owned a gesture shop in SL, where she donated the monies made with her creations to the C.I.C.O. , and Monanaiti LittleBoots joined SL, to help keep her 'vision' & her gesture shop alive in SL & to plan this charity event in her loving memory & honor.

How I came to be involved in all of this was, my SL Partner - TheArtfullOne Skytower was asked to DJ for this event, and Arty asked me to IM Moanaiti LittleBoots and ask him a simple question about the event. This simple question, lead to me to finding out about all this sad & uplifting at the same time story. I also found out that Moanaiti LittleBoots has only been in SL a month, someone has donated the land for him to use for the event, and he is trying to plan this HUGE event all by himself, without really the knowledge, experience, or networking abilities that it takes to operate an event such as this.

When I found this out, I could not sit idly by, and let him try and handle this on his own. This is what I do. This is what I know & what I am good at - it's event planning & helping people.

So I jumped into this task with both feet, and am giving it my all, to help Moanaiti LittleBoots, throw the benefit of his dreams, to help his healing process for his loved one & to help him honor her in the manner that she deserves, and also help support the charity that she was so deeply devoted to.

So that is it, in a nutshell, about for whom & why I'm doing this & again I appreciate you all for your support. There is strength in numbers, and when people join their hearts & hands in loving efforts in service of others, that is the kind of energy that moves mountains!

Thanks again & Kindest regards,

- Mikayla Basevi

No comments:

Post a Comment